As part of our expansion outside of London, we have created a new region – our Counties region will develop homes across the UK and currently we have an opportunity for a Project Manager.
Since its beginnings in 1963, L&Q has established an enviable track- record for creating high quality homes in desirable parts of London and the South East. We are one of the largest developers in the capital, with a reputation for excellence and a growing portfolio of homes to live or invest in. We have won multiple awards for the design of our homes.
Working on site and reporting to the Construction Manager or Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with health and safety and quality standards.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the stakeholders and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto relevant stakeholders.
You will be an excellent communicator with the skills and experience to work collaboratively with stakeholders including sub- contractors, clients and residents.
It is essential that you have previous experience working for a contractor or developer in the housing sector and can demonstrate a proven track record in a similar role
that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
L&Q is one of the UK’s leading housing associations in the UK, with 97,000 homes which hold an asset value in excess of £23bn. The organisation has the largest and most ambitious residential development programme in the sector, with plans to deliver 100,000 new homes over the next 10 years. From partnerships with small housing associations and SMEs to the creation of whole new towns, this is a truly unique opportunity.
Our vision is that everyone should have a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose and commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods we can be proud of.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 24 days holiday rising to 28 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.