Property H&S Executive
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
As the UK’s premier international airport, it’s vital for us to maintain a sharp commercial edge. Join us and you’ll be part of a Commercial team that drives our profitability across everything from property and retail through to passenger services like parking and the aeronautical side of things. Generating income is important, but it’s also vital that we create positive passenger and customer experiences. That we make every journey better. You’ll help us to get the balance right – not least so we can continue investing in our world-class environment. We’re already a profitable airport and, with expansion in the pipeline, this is an exciting time for you to get on board.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Responsible for ensuring that tenants comply with statutory obligations and the RRO, including Fire Risk Assessments, fire training records, evacuation plan, COSHH, COMAH.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and updating the Business Fire Safety Plans, Fire Risk Assessment and Evacuation Plans for Property buildings.
- Carry out regular fire evacuation drills for Property buildings and ensure that life safety assets have been properly maintained and Gerda boxes are updated.
- Carry out regular inspections of common areas, vacant rooms and fire escape routes.
- Report and investigate any fire alarm activations and H&S incidents that occurred in Property areas.
- Ensure that 100% of annual property inspections are completed and all reported tenant infringements are followed up and resolved.
- Responsible for preparing an annual Fire Safety Improvement Plan and H&S Improvement Plan with the objective of reducing the number of fire alarm activations and H&S incidents in Property accommodation.
- Assist Property Managers in ensuring that all occupation by tenants and contractors of Property accommodation is up to date and properly recorded.
- Responsible for personal compliance with Company Health and Safety Policies, ensuring safe working practices to minimise risk to self, work colleagues and customers.
These Skills are Essential:
- Be educated to a degree level or equivalent experience.
- Have relevant experience of industry comparative experience.
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral & presentations) to enable presentations to 3rd parties, internal stakeholders and business partners.
- A strong understanding of airport operations, health and safety and experience of working with teams to achieve improvement targets.
- You should have relevant experience and or qualifications in any of these fields: NEBOSH
- Surveying, health and safety, risk management, contractual compliance, business management and or a strong understanding of airport operations, health and safety or experience of working in a property environment.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page. #LI-POST