This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. And building a diverse community reflecting the passengers we serve.
Aviation is a highly-regulated industry, which is why we have a dedicated in-house Legal team. Join us as a Property Lawyer, and you’ll help to ensure we follow all relevant regulatory and statutory frameworks, whether that’s in relation to a complex, long-term project like expansion or the day-to-day running of the airport. The scale of Heathrow means you can expect to be constantly challenged as you take on the kind of varied projects you’d only find in an ever-changing environment like ours. This is in-house law with a very big remit.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your Role Will Involve:
Being responsible for:
- providing legal advice to the Heathrow business with respect to expansion related property matters;
- assisting with the running of a diverse property caseload (on and off airport) relevant to the expansion of Heathrow Airport.
- Advising on legal risk and the processes surrounding property issues, be able to independently conduct negotiations to resolve disputes, review and advise on all property matters either directly or through efficient use of Counsel and/or external panel solicitors in larger or more complex cases.
- Undertaking research and preparing advice on property matters.
- Assisting other members of the team and working with and as part of the team to deliver the Business’s objectives
These Skills are Essential:
- Solicitor, with strong academic background.
- Experienced in property law, ideally covering a variety of work including acting for both landlords and tenants, development work, title work, land acquisitions and disposals.
- Experience in land assembly, options, pre-emptions and development agreements.
- Some working knowledge in planning and compulsory purchase work.
Ideally, You Will Also Have:
- Experience gained in a major City law firm and/or FTSE 100 company in the UK; previous in-house or client secondment experience.
- Experience in infrastructure related work will be helpful but is not essential.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page. #LI-DNI