Public Engagement Assistant
The Royal Commission on the Ancient & Historical Monument of Wales is looking to recruit a Public Engagement Assistant to assist the team in promoting and raising the profile of the Commission's resources through a programme of engagement activities.
Job purpose and significance of role
The Public Engagement Team is responsible for promoting and raising the profile of the Royal Commission’s resources through a programme of engagement activities and for ensuring that the Commission’s authoritative publications and information are accessible in an appropriate media that helps to promote understanding of the Welsh historic environment.
As a member of the Public Engagement Team, the Public Engagement Assistant will play an important role in ensuring the Commission meets its strategic objectives by supporting the Commission’s outreach and publication programmes both in the office and at outside events.
Key work areas and tasks
1. Assist colleagues to promote the Royal Commission’s resources and services by preparing for events such as group visits, open days, the National Eisteddfod, the Royal Welsh show, Digital Past conference and staff presentations and talks.
2. Carry out general outreach duties and represent the Commission at outreach events and activities, which will include occasional weekend work and work at other locations which may involve overnight stays.
3. Process book orders, invoices and payments received in accordance with the Commission’s financial procedures.
4. Collate information to prepare various reports and statistical information as and when required, e.g. book sales, evaluation of events etc.
5. Update various Commission databases, e.g. events calendar and activities database, Friends Network contact details etc.
6. Undertake general filing and admin duties, including minute taking and periodical stock taking.
7. Contribute to social media and online activities which promote the work of the Commission. This may involve creating tweets to promote specific events, activities, exhibitions, publications or projects.
8. Undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade of the post as may be reasonably requested by the line manager.