10 month FTC
ITV Westworks, London
Closing date: Tuesday the 13th of April
ITV is More Than TV…
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we’re passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. ITV is adapting its strategy to reflect the dynamic, global market for TV by being a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
What does this role entail…
Our publicity team handle all external PR for ITV and promote programmes across our family of channels. We have an exciting opportunity for a new Publicity Manager to join the Daytime publicity team working primarily on Good Morning Britain and Lorraine. You will be responsible for devising creative publicity strategies and implementing targeted campaigns across the full media spectrum.
- Manage strategies and campaigns to cover all press, broadcast and digital media, to reach target audiences and beyond
- Focus on the digital space, influencer marketing and social media outlets to increase reach and look for new opportunities to reach lighter viewers via these outlets.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the wider marketing team, social teams and picture publicity as well as the production, commissioning and production teams to devise fully cohesive and innovative publicity campaigns.
- Manage talent in relation to promotion around their programmes.
- Manage crises and reputation management of ITV and its programmes.
- Write press information and press releases to deadlines
- Work collaboratively and as part of a wider team to sharing skills and best practise
- Form excellent working relationships with journalists and advocates across a full range of media
- Provide written press updates and evaluations
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Extensive work as a publicity manager or journalist.
- Excellent relevant contacts across a range of media – print, digital, radio, television, social & social media influencers.
- Experience of publicising projects on social media & the digital sphere - interest in innovations within digital
- Crisis management / reputation management skills
- Experience of working with on screen talent
- Demonstrable creative and strategic thinking and ability to identify good news stories and crisis situations
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- Excellent copywriting ability
- The ability to remain highly focused and flexible whilst working under pressure
- Keen interest in and understanding of the media industry and in innovations in publicity
Minimum criteria highlighted in bold/italic.
Please note; this role requires at least 2 working days that start at around 7.30am to be on call / writing releases in line with GMB.
If you have a positive and flexible approach to your work and perform well under pressure, taking working to tight deadlines in your stride and are keen to play a key part in one of the busiest offices in the UK media, please apply now!
Closing date: Tuesday the 13th of April
Find out more about our benefitshttp://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria (highlighted in bold under essential criteria) will be invited to an interview - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support... our email is email@example.com
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture.