Are you a Publisher with knowledge of the open research market and academic publishing?
We have a new permanent role at Emerald Publishing, a fantastic opportunity for a Publisher to manage and develop a list of platinum open access journals.
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, including both Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works.
Role & Team:
The Publisher (Open Research and EPS) role is responsible for the management and development of a list of platinum open access journals, via the Emerald Publishing Services (EPS) programme. The role is responsible for delivering first class customer service and contract management for our EPS customers, and for delivering growth of EPS revenue’s and publications across allocated regions.
This role is also responsible for promoting the delivery of other open access/research programme launches, initiatives and workflows.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Acquisition, contracts and product growth:
- Fulfilment of product revenue targets i.e. EPS
- Fulfilment of contract renewal targets i.e. EPS
- Fulfilment of product contract obligations and service delivery targets (i.e. editorial consultancy)
Portfolio management and quality control:
- Successful integration of new journals and fulfilment of publishing schedules
- Development of strong working relationships with customers and editorial teams
- Fulfilment of EPS journal targets for rankings and indexing (i.e. SCOPUS, ESCI, DOAJ)
Contribution to publishing budget:
- Managing T& E budgets
Relationship network building:
- Engagement with OA community
- Attendance at industry events
Projects and cross-functional working:
- Involvement in delivering open access / research programme launches, initiatives and workflows
- Involvement in company-wide projects
- Effective cross-functional working to help to achieve EPS and other relevant targets
Who We’re looking For:
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Planner
- Market insight
- Knowledge of the open research market and academic publishing
- Knowledge of publishing processes and related technological developments
- Financial/commercial awareness
What’s in It for You:
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at improving your wellbeing and work-life balance.