JOB TITLE: Quality Analyst
JOB LOCATION: Port Sunlight, UK
SALARY: £31,301 + SHIFT ALLOWANCE: £12,521
HOURS: 4 ON 4 OFF OR 4 ON 6 OFF (DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NEEDS)
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That is why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Our Supply Chain teams play a vital role in getting our goods to consumers; from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. You could be finding a new way to get 12,000 litres of ice cream across the desert without it melting; or designing a more efficient distribution network to enable us to store and deliver our products sustainably to our customers. Our Global Supply Chain includes approximately 100,000 employees who work with over 70,000 suppliers and 1.5 million farmers. We manage a logistics network that transports across a distance of over 1.5 billion km a year.
In the UK & Ireland, we are home to the production of PG Tips, Magnum, Pot Noodle, Persil and many more. Looking forward, we want to embrace the digital revolution in order to build a more agile, integrated and synchronized Supply Chain. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world and see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do. There’s always a new challenge to tackle and our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day on a local level, across Europe and the world.
The role is based in Port Sunlight, Liverpool, where you can find our offices, factories and Research & Development Centre at your fingertips. Our purpose, to make sustainable living commonplace, is rooted in the history of the Port Sunlight site. It’s a thread that connects us to our founder, Lord Lever, and his social mission to improve health, hygiene and livelihoods.
You will be responsible for routine quality control of raw, intermediate, and finished products and for ensuring that any problems or issues are communicated and resolved. The role involves mostly independent working and is critical to ensuring that all products that leave the factory meet consumer needs.
- Ensure Company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed on all operational tasks and improvements
- Identify and report health or safety hazards and dangerous situations and put appropriate control measures in place
- Perform risk assessments as appropriate
- Prepare, maintain, monitor and lead COSHH assessments (following suitable training) where required
- Perform routine analysis of raw, intermediate, and finished products (analytical and microbiological) following established methods,
- Good working knowledge of QC procedures, Unilever GMP guidelines, any legal operating standards and assists in training other teams as and when required
- Initiate OOS notifications and follow up investigations
- Perform routine equipment calibration and maintain control charts
- Stock taking and submission of orders for laboratory consumables
- Conduct routine analytical testing, broth preparation, analysis (using established global methods pH, Viscosity, Enzyme testing using Konelab), and release of products to market.
- Conduct routine hygiene sampling, sample collection, media preparation, analysis (using established microbiology laboratory methods TVC or ATP) and release of products to market
- Support introduction of new innovations and hygiene validations
- Conduct audits of sourcing unit in different areas (for example GMP & Quality Audits)
- Weekly process water collection & microbiology analysis.
- Provide advice to Leaders and Management on resolving out of specification results in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely release of product to market, interact with all levels within the Factory
- Perform regular inspections/audits for good housekeeping / 5S and ensure agreed actions are completed
- Ensure 5S standards are clearly defined and followed
- Ensure all Laboratory equipment is maintained to the correct working standards.
Training and Development
- Ensure technical skills are maintained to current and future business requirements regarding product conformity
- Ensure full compliance with analytical training schedule where applicable
- Individuals are expected to take responsibility, be skilled, motivated, and committed to delivering business objectives and the continual development of people
ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Rapidly absorbs new information, knowledge and applies new techniques or procedures
- Seek feedback from others to further development their own skills & behaviour
- Sees problems through to a complete solution to eliminate the problem
- Demonstrate an ability to think beyond the immediate next step
- Participate constructively and willingly as a team player
- Significant previous experience within a Quality role or a science related Degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Tools
- Good computing skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, private healthcare, a staff shop and shares. You will get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.