Role: Site Quality Manager
Location: Trafford Park
Hours: Full time Monday – Friday
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”.
As the Quality Manager for one of the world’s largest tea manufacturing factories, you will play a key role in ensuring all the correct systems are in place to comply with regulatory requirements. You will develop and drive the site Quality strategy and lead on improvement activities, ultimately always ensuring that our products are safe for consumers to enjoy.
- Reporting in to the Site Director, you will build and lead on the Site Quality strategy, participating in site leadership meetings
- With a team of 3 Quality Analysts and Technicians reporting in to you, you will ensure they have the required skills and knowledge to perform their roles well
- You will ensure that Quality throughout the entire production cycle is tested and aligned with Unilever and external requirements
- You will ensure the Unilever Quality Management System (QMS) is used and implemented correctly, ensuring consumer safety and overall quality of the final product, recording and preserving any required test results and audit findings in alignment with Unilever and external requirement
- You will review and analyse site Quality KPIs, using loss trees and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology and data to really understand quality performance and identify areas for improvement
- Implement and verify procedures to control non-conforming materials and products (e.g. identification, segregation, disposition, reprocessing)
- You will develop and update the site HACCP / VCAAP / TCAAP plan
- Implements / maintains system to securely record and preserve required test results, audit findings and other data
- You will have experience leading a Quality team in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the food and beverages FMCG environment, although pharmaceutical experience would also be relevant
- You will be familiar with HCAAP, TACCP and VACCP procedures
- You will be comfortable implementing a QMS and the controls aligned to regulatory requirements
- You will have used WCM or other problem solving techniques
- Preferably you have a Food Science, Microbiology or other sciences degree
- You ideally have had exposure to working with allergens and / or organic products
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.