At E.ON we are passionate about bringing energy solutions to UK businesses. We work with businesses to help them transition to a more sustainable energy model with tailored propositions that suit their needs.
To support us along this journey we currently have a range of roles available for talented individuals who can bring a mixture of knowledge and forward thinking to help further evolve our solutions business. We currently have over 30 exciting live schemes in a range of on-site generation and energy efficiency technologies which will ensure a challenge for any individual. Be it CHP, biomass boilers, new pump technologies or PV, we’re leading the way in developing solutions fit for the future.
Right now, we’re looking for a talented Quantity Surveyor with a strong financial and commercial background to join our team. Here you will be responsible for the successful simultaneous commercial management of several complex multi-discipline and multi-lot projects from conception through to completion. This will involve managing and ensuring all quantity surveying duties including the valuation of subcontract applications and invoices, raising internal invoices, carrying out cost analysis and monitoring project performance from contractual and commercial perspectives. Reporting to the Construction and Project Delivery Manager, you’ll also be responsible for the preparation of pricing schedules and a wide range of contract types, including NEC, JCT and bespoke services agreements. It will also be down to you to provide contractual, commercial and financial support for the Delivery team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to take the next step in their career and make a huge difference to one of the world’s foremost energy suppliers.
What we need from you
• A degree in a commercial or quantity surveying subject.
• Experience within the M&E and Civil Engineering sectors.
• Strong financial and commercial experience.
• Strong management experience within a quantity surveying department.
• Detailed experience of tender assessment and negotiations.
• Experience of specification writing and contract negotiation.
• Good communication skills, with internal / external clients.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong negotiating skills and an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities.
• Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
• A pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
• An ability to think strategically about supply chain relationships, to secure the best long-term results for the team.
• Oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, contractors, customers and senior managers.
• Proficient in PC based computer systems and the ability to adapt quickly to changes to those systems.
• Full UK driving license.
Here's what else you need to know
• The salary range for this role is £42,287 - £53,990.
• This role comes with a Company car.
• This role is based at Westwood House, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8HS with UK wide travel (ca. 2 days per week on average)
• This is a permanent role.
• For information of reasonable adjustments please click here.
• Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check is required.
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
At a glance
Reference no.: 101477 Preferred start: Closing date: 30/09/2019 Salary: £42,287.00 - £53,990.00
Get in touch
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Hannah Clackworthy on 07967831470 or alternatively contact the Talent Acquisition Team on 0345 3015932 between the hours of 12pm-4pm Monday to Friday.
E.ON is a privately owned international energy company. Our 42,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.