Rail Regulation Manager
This is your chance to join an organisation that matters to millions. Heathrow is a city within a city – interesting and ever changing. As critical national infrastructure, we’re playing our part in keeping the economy moving by helping to facilitate travel and trade.
Joining us now means becoming a key part of our recovery, bringing challenges and exciting opportunities as you grow your career. In 2020, we went from welcoming 80 million passengers each year and flying to over 180 destinations, to focusing on helping to facilitate the transportation of vital supplies – like medicines – and repatriation flights for the UK. As we move into 2021, we have a strong plan in place to accelerate our recovery and build back better.
We’ve not lost our focus on innovation throughout the pandemic, introducing contactless passenger journeys and UV robots to keep our airport clean and safe for colleagues and passengers. Our values remain strong. Our plans to decarbonise aviation and reach net-zero by 2050, and our continuous efforts to be a diverse and inclusive working environment, are at the heart of our organisation.
Join us as a Rail Regulation Manager, and you’ll have the chance to work on systems that shape not only our airport, but also the experiences of countless passengers.
Your role will involve
- Advise Heathrow senior management on all rail regulation and network access matters
- Produce annual updates and manage the industry consultation on HAL Network Statement, Network Code and Engineering Access Statement (including setting of track access charges)
- Manage and coordinate all information relating to applications to run rail services on Heathrow infrastructure, including whether applicants satisfy Heathrow requirements (licence, safety and Insurance certificates in place from the authorising/regulatory bodies)
- Manage all contractual matters relating to Heathrow owned rail infrastructure including negotiating track access options/agreements and other contracts as required
- Act as the dispute manager in respect of access disputes that may occur on the HAL network and work to resolve disputes with the rail access dispute committee and TOC’s
These skills are essential
- Experience in the rail industry, with proven regulation, access and dispute experience
- Proven evidence of a network of influence in key external agencies and other external stakeholders within the rail industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, and access to private health insurance. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.