Full time, part time hours will be considered, days and nights.
We are Leonard Cheshire – supporting individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. We are at the heart of local life – opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe.
About the role
This role offers a challenging yet exciting opportunity to play a key role within a pioneering and innovative rehabilitation service located in Belfast, providing high quality specialist support to people in NI with an alcohol-related brain injury (ARBI).
As a Rehabilitation Assistant, you will have the opportunity to bring your passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of our customers. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will assist people with an ARBI to rediscover and learn life skills to aid the progression towards rehabilitation, and the development of personal and community living skills through maximising the options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- have Level 2 in Health and Social Care (Adults);
- have experience of providing personal care;
- have previous experience working in a complex needs setting;
- hold a level 2 in food hygiene or be willing to attain it once in post;
- be familiar with the needs assessment and rehabilitation planning process;
- be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota if required by the respective service;
- have a full driving license (where driving is required);
- demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values;
- be registered with NISCC.
We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and a wide range of employee schemes and benefits to include:
- generous holiday entitlement;
- choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs (salary sacrifice);
- contributory pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit;
- access to cash health plan at very competitive rates;
- discounted tariffs with 02;
- cycle to work – hire a cycle and / or accessories (salary sacrifice);
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate.
- A satisfactory Access NI disclosures check is required for this post.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.