Rehabilitation Team Lead
Rehabilitation Team Lead
Full time, 35 hours per week based at Leonard Cheshire ARBI Unit
We are Leonard Cheshire – supporting individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. We are at the heart of local life – opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe.
Like our founder, we believe that diversity creates a world of possibility. Through pioneering research and innovation we’re building a fairer, more inclusive society, one that recognises the positive contributions we all make, and we are all proud to play our part.
Leading by example, we empower people to live their lives as freely and as fully as they choose.
About the role
This role offers a challenging yet exciting opportunity to play a key role within a pioneering and innovative rehabilitation service, located in Belfast, which will provide high quality specialist support to people in NI with an alcohol-related brain injury (ARBI).
As a Rehabilitation Team Lead with Leonard Cheshire, you will have the opportunity to bring your passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of our customers. You will motivate and supervise your team, ensuring the delivery of care, personal support, daily living tasks and activities to service users with an ARBI.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will assist Rehabilitation Assistants in supporting residents with an ARBI to rediscover and learn life skills to aid the progression towards rehabilitation, and the development of personal and community living skills through maximising the options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- QCF Level 5 in Leadership in Health and Social Care (Adults/ Adults Residential) or currently working towards this qualification.
- Significant experience of working in a complex needs setting
- Significant experience of supervising a team of staff.
- To have a full, clean driving licence (if required to drive).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota if required by the respective service.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
- To have knowledge of service user self-advocacy and empowerment.
- Northern Ireland only – registration with NISCC is required for this role.
- To have knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support
- To understand the principles of Trauma -Informed Care
- To have knowledge of addiction and alcohol – related brain injury
- To have experience working alongside a Clinical Team.
We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and a wide range of employee schemes and benefits to include:
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- 4% contributory pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Access to cash health plan at very competitive rates.
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Cycle to Work – hire a cycle and / or accessories (salary sacrifice)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory Access NI disclosures check is required for this post.