We are looking for a confident, experienced individual with excellent analytical skills, a commitment to creating social change and a desire to help others succeed.
Your role will involve managing Firstport’s relationships with its applicants and awardees across all programmes. While focusing primarily on application assessment, award management and follow-up, you will be in charge of building long-term relationships with successful applicants and generally stay with them for the length of their relationship with Firstport, supporting them to transition between programmes.
The role requires excellent judgment skills to filter and assess applications in line with funding criteria and provide recommendations to panels. You will also have excellent communication skills to maintain direct contact with applicants at various stages in their respective journeys and to liaise with relevant stakeholders and strategic partners.
You should be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of a range of business models, and the obstacles faced by new enterprises. You will be expected to contribute with creative ideas to increase the reach and availability of the fund to people from all areas and backgrounds. Ideally, you will have prior experience in grant management and in working with start-ups and/or social enterprises as well as a track record of building relationships across the third, private and public sectors.
The role is fast-paced, and you will work with a caseload of projects at different levels of development, so the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines is essential.
Deadline: Submit your completed online application form by 9am, Friday 23rd April 2021.
Disability Confident Committed Employer
As a Disability Confident Employer Firstport have committed to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive; offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job; and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
Alternative arrangements and adjustments
If you need adjustments to our recruitment process, please complete the disability questions on the application form (e.g., you may have transport or accessibility needs or require additional support for interview tasks). If you have a disability that prevents you from completing an online form, please contact Elaine Ogg on 0131 564 0331 or by email email@example.com, who will be happy to help.
Monday 10th May or Thursday 13th May 2021 via video link.Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 5th May 2021.
About the interview process
The interview process will consist of two parts: A short, task-based activity (a presentation) followed by an interview with the interviewing panel. We will provide shortlisted candidates with the relevant information to prepare for both parts of the process.
Job title: Relationship Manager
Reporting to: SEF Programme Manager
Salary: £32,000 pro rata + 5% pension
Hours: Part time (14 hrs p/w)
Based: Edinburgh / Glasgow (initially home-based)
Start date: ASAP
The Relationship Manager is the person responsible for managing Firstport’s relationships with its clients across all programmes. While focusing primarily on Awards Management and follow-up, they are in charge of building long-term relationships with a group of clients and generally stay with clients for the length of their relationship with the Firstport, helping with the transition between programmes. Liaising with relevant stakeholders, particularly business advisors, programme managers, and strategic partners, the relationship manager problem-solves to ensure health of the caseload of award applicants and awardees, escalating to Programme Manager or the Head of Programmes as needed. S/he contributes to continuous improvement, recommending process improvements for senior management consideration. This role is crucial to the success of the organisation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Programme and Relationship Management
- Work with the Leadership team and programme managers to deliver operations across all programmes as they relate to awards and client relationship management, and referral to business support.
- Standardisation of award management processes and procedures across programmes, ensuring easy transition between programmes.
- Support the Awards Programme team with the delivery of all awards management and processes within the Social Entrepreneurs Fund as well as wider programmes, working closely with other programme managers and business advisors.
- Keep records and analyse data which assist the evaluation of effectiveness of Firstport’s award management activity.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports for senior managers / Board / funders.
- Ensure that programme partners and staff understand and apply financial management and control policies to deliver on agreed priorities.
- Support the development of relations with partners, including governments, civil society organisations, and others.
- Together with the other members of the programme teams, agree annual priorities for programmes work in support of the strategy, and develop and monitor annual work plans.
- Contribute to strategic alignment and strong collaborative relationships amongst programme teams.
- Engage in relevant external networks for learning and sharing of best practice in project and programme management.
- Work as part of operational programme teams to deliver and make decisions about programme delivery and client relationship management.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the programmes team to oversee an effective monitoring and evaluation process which can clearly measure and demonstrate the impact of Firstport’s awards programmes and client relationship management.
- Support the implementation and ongoing development of monitoring, and evaluation processes and systems to collect output and outcome level data.
- Assist partners in establishing and maintaining effective monitoring systems where relevant.
- Contribute to internal and external inputs required for writing, editing, design and production of M&E reports and programme learning products, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements.
- Assist with the development of a strategy for identifying, reflecting on and disseminating learning internally and externally.
- Participate in the exchange of learning amongst staff and partners.
- Assist in identifying and facilitating client referrals to internal and external programmes.
We are looking for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds and communities. Whether through lived or gained experience, or both, you will understand and share a passion for what we do.
- A track record in analysing, planning and making decisions.
- Ability to produce narrative reports for external and internal stakeholders.
- Experience of budget development and financial management.
- Ability to manage and motivate clients.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience of working with partner organisations and managing partnership relationships.
- Digitally confident – proficient in a range of digital tools including MS Office suite, Google suite etc.
- High level communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Educated to a relevant degree level or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Programme/grant management experience, preferably in the third sector or in a social enterprise.
- Proven experience of customer/client relationship management with the third sector, social enterprise, and other civil society organisations and networks.
- Experience in strengthening organisational processes and systems, including staff development.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.