Renewable Energy Engineer
Amazon Logistic is looking to hire an experienced, passionate, innovative, hands-on, customer-obsessed Renewable Energy Engineer to support our net zero carbon roadmap in our EU wide Delivery Station network. Reduction of on-site fuel emissions and operational emissions is equally in the scope of the role as the evaluation of various on-site and off-site renewable energy concepts.
The successful candidate will be part of the European Amazon Logistics Engineering team and define in close liaison with core stakeholders the most efficient approach to convert our Delivery Stations to 100% electrical, to utilize Solar and energy storage solutions and to specify Smart building technology for retrofits and Built-to-Suit Projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate visionary leadership, critical thinking, self-motivation, ability to deal with ambiguity, love for contribution to a team goal. Personal inclination will be combined with engineering, planning, analytical skills and proven experience in managing large scale projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
· Execution of Renewable Energy projects within AMZL
· Evaluation of short-, mid- and long-term concepts for Net carbon Zero Delivery Station designs
· Drive 100% elimination of onsite combustion
· Definition of use cases for on-site solar and power storage concepts
· Work with core stakeholders in EU to define standards and specifications for Environmental Product Declarations for new constructions
· Support Implementation of Smart Building Technology
· Facilitate Sustainability Kaizen and workshops to support our Net Zero Carbon strategy.
· Electrical Engineer or Engineer with relevant experience in energy management
· 3+ year experience in Sustainability project management
· Proven professional experience in renewable energy sector
· Ability to adopt innovative products and turn them to industrially-reliable solutions in a fast-expanding environment
· Experience in localizing WW products and ability to influence stakeholders through solid feedback process
· Experience with Total Quality Management
· Strong project management skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· Ability to support complex technical discussions with a variety of groups including software engineers, hardware engineers, technicians, and operators
· Pragmatic and hands on working style.
· Degree in Engineering, Energy Management or similar
· Good analytical and organizational skills
· A self-starting team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
· Open and proactive communication in a multi lingual environment
· Ability to work under pressure
· Fluent in English
· BSC or MSc
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language is advantageous (German, French, Italian or Spanish)
Please submit your CV in english