Rent & Service Charges Accountant
Title: Rent & Service Charges Accountant
Based at: Stratford, London E15
Starting salary pa: £45,000 to £48,000 depending on experience
The Finance department have an exciting role for an Accountant reporting on L&Q’s Rent and Service Charge income of £600m per annum and service charge expenditure of £70m per annum.
Responsibilities of the Rent & Service Charges Accountant include:
- Taking ownership of annual service charge expenditure budgets including monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in the production of annual budgets and monthly and quarterly forecasts for rents and service charge income.
- Analytical review of income through variance analysis and tracking handovers
- Ensure a smooth month end process and preparation of detailed monthly management accounts for service charges including commentary for budget holders
- Get involved in ad hoc projects
- Business partnering with various stakeholders including L&Q’s Director of Income, Estate Services and Building Services. This includes providing support to budget holders and challenging them on financial performance
- Fully understand existing processes within operational teams
- Review existing processes and identify areas for improvement and design solutions.
- Keep up to date on all rent legislation and assess if there are any risks or opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a CCAB qualification and have the following experience:
· Social housing rent and service charge experience or similar experience in the private sector
· Be experienced in month end processes including journal posting, reconciliations, reviewing accounts and providing commentary and action points
· Annual budgeting and rolling forecasts
· An ability to inspire, motivate and support the wider team
· Experience in being a pro-active business partner
· Confident communicator at all levels with the ability to influence key stakeholders
· Excellent computer and financial systems and analytical skills including advanced Excel and financial reporting tools
· Ability to intelligently analyze large volumes of complex data
L&Q is a dynamic organisation responding to regular change and business improvement. To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is able to meet the following criteria:
· Be a fully qualified (CCAB) accountant or finalist with strong academic record
· Experience of management or financial accounting in a complex organisation;
· Commercial, audit, and public sector experience welcome;
· Have excellent technical accounting knowledge and an understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP;
· Be an excellent communicator; with the ability to influence senior decision makers;
· Have a proven track record delivering complex projects;
· Have excellent computer, financial systems and analytical skills including advance Excel, and financial reporting tools.