Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
To help us deliver this ambitious vision, we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our property services and wider housing team as a Repairs Surveyor in Walsall.
Do you have a passion to make a real difference to organisational success? Well this may be the role for you.
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver excellent Housing and Property Services that foster positive communities, enabling us to offer great homes, provide great services and improve lives.
As a Repairs Surveyor you will:
- Work as part of our Assets and Property Services team, assisting the Regional Repairs Manager to ensure that responsive repairs and voids are completed in our rented and leasehold properties, in accordance with agreed budgets, quality standards and timeframes.
- Contribute to ensuring the delivery of a customer focussed and value for money service, reflecting the highest standards of service.
- Prioritise void repairs in the East Midlands region, ensuring that any outstanding repairs are completed to our satisfaction within the warranty period, and further assist with the handing over of new properties in a timely manner.
Above all, our new Repairs Surveyor will assist in providing a customer-centric housing service, ensuring that customers are completely satisfied with all works in their homes and any complaints are managed in a timely and sensitive way.
As a values-led organisation, with values that include ‘Push the Boundaries’ and ‘Fun and Fair’, you can imagine the kind of communities we want to create for our customers.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus to service delivery and a knowledge of working in the social housing sector.
As a Repairs Surveyor you will:
- Be a qualified surveyor, to either a degree level or HNC in a relevant subject.
- Preferably have a housing, local authority or building surveying background.
- Operate independently with the ability to work with empathy to more vulnerable members of our communities, as an assured communicator, comfortable with delivering top level customer service to all Longhurst Group customers
- Pride yourself on delivering excellent services and placing the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
- Have a real passion and appreciate the importance for making the communities we serve the best they can be, doing everything we can to improve the lives of our customers.
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please use the two supporting statements (4000 characters!) to really show us your talents. To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
(The important things – Naturally we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
If you would like to obtain further information or application related queries on this role or request an informal discussion please contact us direct at Careers@longhurst-group.org.uk.
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 6 Dec 2020 @ Midnight
Interview date TBC - Remote interviews will be held via MS Teams Video, tbc.