Research Assistant (Spanish Speaking)
Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
fDi Intelligence is a specialist division of the Financial Times Ltd, established to provide industry-leading insights into globalisation with a portfolio of world-class products and services that assist both companies and economic development organisations to make informed decisions regarding foreign direct investment (FDI).
fDi Markets is the market-leading crossborder inward investment database and investor tracking tool, used by governments and corporations globally. It is the exclusive source of FDI project data for the UNCTAD World Investment Report and the Economist Intelligence Unit.
The Role / Position Overview
The Research Assistant will work as part of the fDi Intelligence team conducting in-depth research on specific regions of the world, identifying companies with FDI projects and recording the information into the fDi Markets database. www.fdimarkets.com
Responsible To: Production Manager
- Research available sources in order to identify inward investment projects
- Conduct further web-based research to gain additional project information
- Input of inward investment projects and update missing information on previous projects to fDi Markets database
- Assist in the development of information sources
- Identify trends in and affecting FDI globally in order to compile an internal Trend Tracker used by divisional publication, FDI Magazine
- Research and update FDI projects - relocations and closures, downsizing, expansion projects and colocations
- Identify potential investment leads
- Conduct ad-hoc research and production tasks
- Provide data support for the sales team according to geographical appointment
Required Skills / Experience
- Third level qualification in Spanish or high-level abilities in written and spoken Spanish.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Highly organised with an ability to plan and prioritise
- Adaptable team player with a positive attitude
- 2:1 or above in a degree with a business / economic / research-related element
- Knowledge of other main European or world language/s would be a strong advantage
- Sound understanding of economic globalisation and cross border investment
- Previous experience in a similar role - online environment, database management, desk-based research
- Analytical & report writing skills
The opportunity to develop a career within the Financial Times. The job position will help you to develop key skills and expertise related to the globalisation of business. Our career development plan offers the potential to develop your career as an investment analyst, and there are opportunities to work in other parts of the Financial Times as your career develops.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.