Research Development Specialist
Wellcomes Collection's Research Development team are looking for a talented individual to join the team on a 3 month fixed term contract as a Research Development Specialist.
The Research Development team develops and manages a portfolio of activity that places us at the centre of an experimental and vibrant research culture, blending different research perspectives and practices, and demonstrating diverse ways of exploiting our collections, both analogue and digital, to inspire and support new ideas. The team draws upon internal and external expertise to revisit our collections, building and sharing new understandings of their meaning and significance.
The role involves helping to support a full and varied programme of activities for internal and external stakeholders by researching the collections, helping to run collections workshops and seminars, producing communications and publications, and so much more! Training will be given wherever required and we can tailor parts of the role to suit the particular interests of the candidate.
What will you be doing:
- Contributing research support and expertise to the Research Development Programme
- Developing an appropriate collections specialism and work as part of a collections research cluster in support of the wider Research Development Programme.
- Proactively helping bring more extensive and diverse research communities to engage critically with our unique and distinctive collections.
- Creating sustainable relationships with key external stakeholders, institutions and organisations.
- Working collaboratively with the team, and Wellcome Collection more widely to achieve our strategic objectives and outcomes for success.
- To have demonstrable knowledge of or interest in Wellcome's collections
- Have a sound understanding of the potential of collections to engage a range of audiences
- Has the ability to work supportively within a team
- Educated to degree level in a relevant sectoral discipline or subject
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includesâ€¯making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .