Residential Property Manager
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as a Residential Property Manager and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
As a Residential Property Manager, you will help to develop and implement the strategy for securing the land and properties required to deliver the residential programme associated with Expansion.
You will work alongside the Head of Residential Acquisitions to develop creative and innovative solutions to the wide range of residential property issues.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Undertaking engagement and consultation with internal and external stakeholders including with residents whose properties are required for the expansion scheme.
- Making a significant contribution to preparations for the submission of the Development Consent Order and the examination of the DCO.
- Helping ensure that the policy framework for the acquisition, management and disposal of residential properties is in place.
- Assisting in the development of other compensation and mitigation strategies.
- Assisting in the analysis of financial impacts and liabilities working alongside financial colleagues and our Managing Surveyor partner.
- Representing the property team in meeting residents, stakeholders, and attending community events to help promote the acquisition and residential compensation schemes.
We're Looking for People Who have:
- Excellent customer service experience and proven stakeholder engagement including with local authorities and local communities.
- Preferably a professional qualification in property, development or a related field or equivalent experience. Ideally this will include land acquisition, land assembly, compulsory purchase and statutory compensation.
- Strong understanding of residential or commercial development with a track record of exposure to high profile and complex property projects delivered on time and on cost.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of working with local communities and local authorities.
- Positive attitude with resilience and persistence to deliver.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION