Retail Operations Account Manager-Bureau/VAT, Luggage and Other Commercial Services
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
As the UK’s premier international airport, it’s vital for us to maintain a sharp commercial edge. Join us as a Retail Operations Account Manager and you’ll be part of a Commercial team that drives our profitability across everything from property and retail through to passenger services like parking and the aeronautical side of things. Generating income is important, but it’s also vital that we create positive passenger and customer experiences. That we make every journey better. You’ll help us to get the balance right – not least so we can continue investing in our world-class environment. We’re already a profitable airport and, with expansion in the pipeline, this is an exciting time for you to get on board.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your role will involve:
- To grow sales and income, whilst improving the passenger experience
- To develop action plans for accounts to achieve financial Business Plan targets, working with Senior Account Managers to agree these
- To ensure Concessionaires are working within the parameters of our vision, to give passengers the best airport service in the world
- Identify and incorporate new opportunities, operational activities and work streams that maximise sales and service opportunities
- To ensure safe, efficient and security compliant retail activity is delivered, influencing concessionaires to adopt efficient safe and secure practice
These skills are essential:
- Highly self-motivated team player within a retail operations environment working with concessionaries
- Proven experience identifying sales driving projects and/or customer experience enhancing projects to continually improve the efficiency of our concessionaires
- Clear communication and influencing skills: experience at influencing key decision makers and communicating effectively at all levels with stakeholders with proven influencing skills in a commercial and/or operational environment
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Knowledge of the airport retail operation and strategic drivers behind the airport
- An understanding and/or experience of business planning processes
- Proficient using Excel spreadsheets to manage large amounts of data and report writing
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.