Sales Support Coordinator
Position Title Sales Support Coordinator
Business Unit B2B
Contract Type Contract
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
As Sales Support Coordinator you will provide a comprehensive sales support service to the sales team within the Asia Pacific region (particularly in Japan), ensuring service and efficiency targets are achieved and maintained, while supporting the achievement of B2B revenue targets across Asia. Position is available commencing the beginning of September 2020.
- Ensure all support tasks are completed accurately and to specified deadlines.
- Receive and respond to queries via CRM system and ensure contractual obligations are met in line with our service level agreements for both print & digital elements.
- Directly respond to Financial Times customers in Japanese via email, livechat and phone, to provide feedback and/or assist in the resolution of issues/queries.
- Carry out basic level of troubleshooting on some of our most common technical cases involving our online tools, product and web application for Japanese clients.
- Cross-check subscription details provided by clients in Japan (usually in Kanji English) against our system records and fulfil subscriptions into our subscription system.
- Translate any address changes to local distributors in Japan upon request.
- Ensure all invoicing is accurate and timely and provide guidance to Japanese clients on invoice queries.
- Liaise with the internal customer service team and/or print & distribution team for newspapers related areas, understanding different newspapers and digital fulfilment systems & tax implications for newspapers where it’s applicable in Asia.
- Assist syndication adhoc team on translating queries from Japanese clients and act as a bridge between clients and the team.
- Assist the sales and customer service teams in creating and maintaining accurate customer records in the CRM database and understand what is considered quality data.
- Act as a global sales support function working closely with the Sales Support teams in New York, UK, & Asia offices to deliver excellent service.
- Provide system support across Japan B2B team when required.
- Back up and assist on any ad-hoc projects for B2B, such as any new campaigns, provide monthly reporting, and work on data analysis as and when required.
- Previous experience in telemarketing role and/or sales support role would be beneficial
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize and ensure that all tasks are completed within designated timelines
- Previous work experience in handling multiple systems simultaneously is essential
- Detailed Oriented, Thorough, & Accurate
- Self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to act as intermediary between Account Managers and Clients
- Intermediate level of Excel & Word
- Candidates with 2-3 years of work experience are encouraged to apply
- Business level in both spoken and written English and native Japanese
- Knowledge in Salesforce would be a great asset
- CRM systems knowledge and experience – preferably Salesforce