Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
To help us deliver this ambitious vision, we are looking for a professional and caring person to manage our Leasehold Retirement Schemes at Bradgate Gardens in Anstey, Leicestershire and Hunters Green in Thurcaston, Leicestershire. We could be looking for you, someone with experience of overseeing the welfare of others. This role requires the successful applicant to live at the scheme in a 3 bedroom house at Bradgate Gardens with substantially discounted rent (£200pcm).
If you have a passion to make a real difference for our residents and the community they live in you’ll likely hold the same values as us. Heartfelt service, doing everything to the best of your ability and striving for excellence whilst treating everyone with respect. Sound like you?
If you are able to help us we’re looking for 40 hrs per week of your expertise where you’ll really add value, working pattern is negotiable. Click apply to start making a difference to people’s lives.
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver an excellent housing service by listening to our customers, caring about the communities they live in and supporting people to live the life they choose to live and provide a localised and dedicated service with an added personal touch.
As a Scheme Manager, reporting to the Leasehold Service Manager and you will:
- Manage the two schemes in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring that a safe, secure, well-kept and pleasant environment is maintained.
- Oversee the welfare of our residents that will enable our residents to live independently; ultimately making a positive difference and improving lives and provide a calm and attentive response in the event of an emergency.
- Take on the management of service delivery, with particular attention to housing management and maintenance issues.
- To foster the development of a tight knit community spirit through the facilitation of regular social events and activities
- To promote good communication between residents and their families, Longhurst Group and our approved service providers.
Our ideal candidate will possess a passion for working with our residents and will appreciate the importance of providing great customer service. We are looking for a Scheme Manager with a strong customer focus who will go that extra mile. In order to deliver service excellence, you must demonstrate empathy, patience, humour and a ‘can do’ attitude.
As a Scheme Manager you must:
- Have a professional and friendly personality with a commitment to providing excellent customer care.
- Have the ability to support residents’ needs and expectations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and administration skills.
- Be willing to work additional hours when required.
- Hold a UK driving licence and own your own vehicle.
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
(The important things – Naturally working with our customers we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional a satisfactory standard Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure and upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 14th April
Interview date TBC - Remote interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams