Are you a Scrum Master with a deep understanding of Agile & Scrum principles, as well as the software delivery life cycle?
This role is home working for the time being, but when our offices open back up, we’re flexible on location. Working from home a few days per week was the ‘norm’ for us, so we’re open to those further out from West Yorkshire.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Role & Team:
In this Scrum Master role, you’ll join the Delivery team at Emerald Publishing, focused on enabling the creation of valuable digital products by fostering high performing Scrum teams and a business aligned to Agile principles and values. As part of this you’ll support and facilitate the Scrum team to achieve delivery goals, helping to alleviate impediments in their processes and delivery.
As Scrum Master you’ll also work with the Product Owner, the development team and the organisation in various ways, including facilitation, impediment removal, coaching and coordination.
A key part of this is encouraging, supporting and enabling peers to realise their full potential and abilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Some of the additional key areas of focus include:
- Business and development team adoption of iterative delivery and planning methods
- Creation of a feedback culture
- Enabling high performing, self-organized Scrum teams as well as development teams being engaged in Agile delivery methods, holding each other and the team to account
- Successful utilization of Scrum Ceremonies to promite product/project delivery
- Consistent and predictable development team capacity
- Development team shielded from outside distractions and helped to remove impediments
- Metrics that demonstrate continuous improvement and learning
Who We’re looking For:
- We’re looking for an individual with demonstrable experience in a Scrum Master role, who can work effectively to Agile values and principles as well as all aspects of the software delivery life cycle.
- Do you have a deep knowledge of Scrum framework as well as a track record in championing agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives?
- Do you have excellent coaching and facilitation skills?
- This role requires a solid understanding of iterative development and incremental delivery.
*We are not currently working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy*
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date*
What’s in It for You:
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at promoting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Based at our head office in Bingley, you’ll also have access to a newly refurbished café, staff lounge, wellbeing room, free onsite gym, and as sponsors of Headingley Stadium you can receive free tickets to selected Rugby and Cricket matches.