Section Engineer - HS2
SCS JV (Skanska, Costain, STRABAG) are recruiting for a Section Engineer to join the team working on HS2. Working on the western shaft, Northolt (UB5 4AA).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of the site engineers to ensure all setting-out and quality control procedures are performed in a timely and efficient manner, so as not to impede the construction program.
- Develop 4-weekly programs and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programs and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings to include resource requirements.
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
- Communicate with works managers, foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances, and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled, ordered efficiently and accurate reconciliations to be developed for the weekly review.
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing within 3 days of arrival on site.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Adherence to SCS JV policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications Required
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- You have worked on a major civil engineering project over £ 100m
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system)
- Relevant CSCS card
- Heavy civil engineering exposure
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- ICE training agreement
- Temporary works accredited training
- Experience in deep foundations, shafts or tunnels highly advantageous
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at the interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.