Manage and drive the engineering aspects of a section of the works, developing and reporting of section programmes and budgets and ensuring that the works are conducted in accordance with the project requirements including health and safety. Liaise between different site disciplines to ensure effective planning and use of project resources. Manage and drive the training and development of the Site Engineering team.
- Managing and co-ordinating the activities of the site engineers to ensure all setting-out and quality control procedures are performed in a timely and efficient manner, so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Develop 4-weekly programmes with site engineer and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings to include resource requirements.
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
- Communicate with works managers, foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances, and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Procurement of Plant, Materials and Equipment through Requisitions.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Adherence to project policies and procedures.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- Presentation Skills Training (as they deliver inductions / briefings etc).
- Computer competence (CAD, Primavera software, Synchro).
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.