Security Bar Raiser Team Manager
Job Description At Amazon.com, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in global customer support. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos’ “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” If you are excited about being a visionary leader and advocate for technical solutions for a rapidly growing, work-from-home, segment of Customer Service, then Amazon may be the place for you.
The GRC Compliance Team is global in nature and responsible for understanding and minimizing the risk posed from large, geographically dispersed, virtual teams. If you are interested in a start-up like experience, and enjoy the challenge of influencing large cross-functional projects and complex technical initiatives, then come join us!
The GRC Compliance Team is seeking a Security Bar Raiser Team Manager to lead a team of auditors and participating in auditing as a part of our Security Bar Raiser Program. The Security Bar Raiser Program is responsible for auditing, assessing, training, and generally “raising the bar” on security for CS associates working virtually globally.
This employee is a key member of the Security Bar Raiser Team and reports to the Security Bar Raiser Group Manager. A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager who, along with their team, will be responsible ensuring audit completion for their region, leading the audit teams and initiatives, as well as assisting in developing and implementing new programs that will assess and audit all CS associates working virtually.
· Ensure compliance with established control procedures by examining records, operating practices, associate interaction and related documentation.
· Completes audit work papers and reports by documenting audit activities and findings.
· Communicates audit results with senior management.
· Training and developing auditors.
· Ensures proper support and effective cooperation with CS Operations, CS Security, Legal, Human Resources and other stakeholders.
· Develops and maintains effective, predictable and measurable procedures for team.
· Participate in product and technology roadmap discussions.
· Provides regular coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow individual functional skills and leadership capability.
· Understands and communicates vision for team members.
· Demonstrates strong organization skills to ensure timely delivery of weekly, quarterly, and annual metrics, and to validate that sites apply required mitigating controls, and implement proper action plans to address identified risks in a timely manner.
· Iterates processes and procedures to ensure world-class level performance in conjunction with a new, fast-changing environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com
· Several years of people management experience
· Several years working in a customer service driven environment
· Fluent in English and German – Spoken, and written.
· Experience with developing and conducting security audits
· Excellent skills utilizing SharePoint, Excel (pivot tables a plus), and Word
· A completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to Key Stakeholders, senior leaders and large training groups in-person or remotely.
· Project management experience leading projects with tight deadlines that involve the use of automated and manual systems and supporting internal customers across the globe
· Customer-focused and results-oriented manager who exemplifies influencing without authority
· Ability to excel when dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking