To lead, build and achieve our operational Cybersecurity capability as the Head of ESN Information Security. The role requires influence and interaction with all key stakeholders at all levels within the Services and wider Motorola Solutions organisation. This role will also have keen ongoing external industry knowledge and awareness.
The post holder will also be expected to manage aspects of Government Accreditation of our services through provision of necessary assurance and Accreditor. The role will require the development of a wide understanding of the services that we provide and contractual requirements that we need to meet.
o Lead Cybersecurity risk management across ESN program.
o Partners closely with the customer, workstream leads, Architects and 3rd party vendors.
o Provide leadership to understand, collaborate, and influence across organizations on all thing’s security.
o Lead the ITHC program collaborating with cross functional partners to anticipate, identify and evaluate risks to our customers service and overall enterprise.
o Defines and manages performance metrics to determine the effectiveness of the ITHC program.
o Manage all aspects of Government Accreditation of our services through the provision necessary assurance to the Home Office Service Security lead.
o Managing risks and actions identified in the audits, ITHC reports to make sure we meet the appropriate security standards. Coordinating responses/undertaking investigations in relation to any data security incidents as part of an overall security Incident management process.
o Attend customer meetings to be the face and authority of all things security.
o Support and implement the IT development and service management processes, as required, including Incident, Change, Release, Problem and Capacity and Availability Management.
o Comply with other corporate policies and processes as defined.
o Support the Head of IT Infrastructure with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews.
o Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting UKS&S to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact.
o Support the production of reports relating to the IT Infrastructure team and service performance.
• In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity standards and frameworks e.g. ISO27001, NIST, CIS.
• Substantial relevant security experience.
• CISSP or equivalent industry certification.
• Experience in senior stakeholder management and relationship building.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• A proven track record in negotiating complex agreements to security issues with senior government security representatives and technical bodies such as NCSC would be beneficial.
• Understanding of and experience with modern network security practices and solutions (e.g., Threat modelling, selection of appropriate technical controls and supporting security operations).
• Excellent experience or an understanding of ethical hacking/ penetration testing.
• Demonstrable security policy development and administration skills.
• Deep understanding and experience of information security risk assessments.
• Demonstrable experience/understanding with security tooling including WAF, IDS and Av tools.
• Vulnerabilities scanning tools eg. QUALWS (desirable).
• Able to demonstrate the key cultural principles of the organisation in terms of Collaboration with others, Achieving Service Targets and driving Continuous Improvement.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, keen for new experiences and responsibilities with a clear focus on high quality and operational efficiency.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is proactive and self-driven in achieving goals and objectives.
• Mature, credible, a team player and comfortable in dealing with key stakeholders of the role. i.e. Reliable, tolerant, approachable and determined.
• Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
• Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
• The individual must be comfortable with cultural transformation.
• A natural problem solver and logical thinker.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical
communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them
to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.