Senior Account Manager - Medical Strategy and Education
Posted: 12 Jan 2022 Closes: 11 Feb 2022
Who we are
Langland, a Publicis Health company, is the only health communications agency that thinks further across Clinical Trial Experience, Medical Strategy & Education, Public Relations & Policy, and Advertising, to create unique value with visionary clients.
What we believe
Health brings us together. In the diseases we suffer, the medicines we create, and the causes we champion, health shows us our collective humanity. When we break the barriers that divide us, when we think further, we can create healthier futures, together.
A passion for craft
Having expert thinking is only part of our story. To ensure excellence in everything we make, we have centred our disciplines around three essential crafts: science, strategy and creativity.
What you will do
In the Langland Medical Strategy & Education (MSE) team, we love reality, it's where we live. It's where professionals, protocols and p-values come face to face with the imperfect and unpredictable. We think further, exploring how insight can give data meaning in the real world, stimulating open discourse that people value, to advance human health.
We partner with our clients across the whole product lifecycle.
• We look beyond the complex scientific data to understand what it means in the context of different perspectives, beliefs and behaviours.
• We uncover new ways to differentiate brands that aren't just about the lines on the graph but encompass both rational and emotional factors that are built into the strategic plan.
• We engage with not only traditional thought leaders, but also those who influence digitally and patient advocates, building mutually valuable relationships.
• We craft compelling scientific stories with visual, credible, impactful content that resonate with the target audience, meet a need and influence behaviour.
• We understand end-users' reality and create tailored communication programmes to help move HCPs across a knowledge and belief continuum and stimulate open discourse.
The main therapy areas we are working across currently are oncology, dermatology, HIV, rare diseases, respiratory medicine and CNS disorders, but regular new business wins will almost certainly provide an opportunity to work in other areas.
If you are ready to join our close-knit, ambitious team and play a role in the development and delivery of high quality medical education programmes, whilst experiencing a myriad of personal and professional development opportunities and collaborating across our four health disciplines, we'd like to hear from you.
Who you are
If you're ambitious, hard working and ready to change how people see the world of healthcare- then we'd love to meet you. Ideally, you'll have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and experience as an Account Manager within an agency working on healthcare accounts. You'll also have experience managing direct reports and exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills, as we're looking for someone who'll be seen as a credible voice to both clients and internal stakeholders. There are tight deadlines, fast-moving projects and clients who only demand the best from us - but if you're the sort of person who thrives in this kind of environment, you're in the right place. Whilst experience is important, we really want to see your passion for healthcare and a genuine enthusiasm for the work we do.
And if you like to Think Further, join the club. Here at Langland, we're an open-minded bunch -always on the look out for new ideas; whether that's in the work we produce or a way of working. So if you want to approach something in a different way, we'll be all ears.
A Senior Account Manager will be expected to carry out similar tasks as an Account Manager but will also take on responsibilities associated with the Account Director role. The role will already have experience of working across a range of projects as an Account Manager and should demonstrate the ability to draw on previous experience to make recommendations to clients and proactively propose solutions to their problems.
The role will demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the client's business to be able to actively contribute to and critically assess content development. The role will build your confidence to have more strategic conversations with clients, without always needing a more senior member of the team to be involved.
An inclusive workplace
The more diverse our team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational our culture and our work will become. Here are some of the ways we help promote diversity at Publicis Health.
• Diversity & Inclusion management
• Anonymised CV submissions
• Mandatory unconscious bias training
• Career and school programmes to build industry access for people from mixed socio-economic backgrounds
• Support communities for women, LGBTQ+, BAME employees and their allies.
• A mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
Publicis Groupe has committed €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network