Senior BD Executive
Exciting new role where you will have responsibility to provide our Corporate, Dispute Resolution and Residential Property teams with strategic BD and Marketing advice. We need someone with a minimum of four years’ experience of BD and marketing within a professional services firm (ideally legal) and proven experience working with a Corporate and/or Dispute Resolution department.
We are looking to recruit a commercial and BD focused Senior Executive who has direct experience of working with Corporate/M&A and Dispute Resolution teams/partners.
This role will focus principally on advising the following teams, with a specific focus on intermediary targeting, profile raising and new business generation: Corporate (including M&A, Banking and Finance, Real Estate Finance and Real Estate/Corporate Tax and Dispute Resolution.
The role holder is required to work with the Head of BD and Marketing (HoBDM) and partners to set in place an annual strategic plan, manage and assist with the implementation of tactics and monitor and track budgets.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the firms developing international strategy (covering Asia, Australia, Middle East and North America).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the HoBDM to design, develop and drive a strategic plan for the firm’s Corporate and Dispute Resolution practice areas. We are particularly looking for someone who can work with partners in both of these groups to explore cross-selling and joint marketing activities
Work with wider BDM team to implement successful events (working with the Senior Events Executive) and co-ordinated social media campaigns (working with the Senior Digital Specialist and Assistant)
Support fee earners (associates and senior associates) in the development and implementation of their personal BD plans
Monitor and review BDM spend on a monthly basis to ensure accurate recording and reporting of information.
To work with the key BD partners in both groups to develop a sales pipeline of credible targets, covering intermediaries and clients
Work with Senior BD Exec Private Wealth to develop an Entrepreneurs sector group and BD plan
Work with HoBDM on delivering international BD plans covering our key jurisdictions with a specific focus on Asia
Establish and drive monthly reporting covering: spend, activity, forward plans and any other relevant information.
Develop a structured external communications plan (to be delivered by the firms appointed PR agency)
Work with partners, fee earners and PR agency to identify opportunities to comment and to ensure communications are aligned with any campaigns that may be developed
Input to internal communications on a regular basis
Work with both teams to enable technical communications.
From time to time, support and manage major client pitches; research, collating information and proofing
As and when required, help partners prepare for pitches, BD meetings and other presentations by facilitating rehearsals and providing constructive feedback
Maintain (supervising the BD Assistant) a library of credentials documents covering sectors and services
Liaise with Library/PSLs/etc in collation and review of data used for credentials meetings/documents
Manage (supervising the BD Assistant) a library of standard BDM materials including CVs and case studies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised manner with ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Motivated and pro-active with a 'can-do' approach
- Can adhere to tight and demanding deadlines
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive approach
- Must have common sense
- Ability to work within a small and busy team
- Energetic and proactive
- Calm and efficient under pressure
- Flexible as regards to time and duties
- Proficient in use of MS Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A minimum of four years’ experience of business development and marketing within a professional services firm (ideally legal) and with proven experience of either a corporate and DR environment
- Developed communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to liaise effectively with internal clients and colleagues and external media, suppliers and consultants
- Excellent administration, organisational and prioritisation skills with ability to manage time efficiently
- Good attention to detail. Accurate and thorough.