Senior Buyer Indirect (Fixed Term Contract)
We are looking for a passionate procurement professional to join Carnival UK as a Senior Buyer in our Indirect team on a fixed term basis. This is a really exciting opportunity primarily working with our world class Cunard and P&O Cruises brands but also to interact with global colleagues across the entire corporation.
Ideally this role would suit someone who is dedicated and available to start in the position as soon as possible given that it is a fixed term contract.
Ideally you will have experience of buying services and be able to draft and negotiate contract terms. This is an exciting opportunity with exposure to many projects across multiple business areas and stakeholders so it will require excellent communication, stakeholder management and prioritisation skills
- Develops, implements and leads sub-category sourcing strategy for defined areas, managing the ongoing commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within their category.
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need (requisition / specification) through to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment.
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities to CUK.
- Support the business with effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, CUK reputation and access to market innovation.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category.
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows, moving down the supply chain toward original product source.
- Act as a Procurement Business partner.
- Engage in collaboration efforts with other Carnival operating companies and the corporate sourcing group.
- Utilises and shares procurement expertise in contributing to the ongoing development and reputation of the profession in CUK.
- Promote a team attitude and encourage communication and sharing of information within the team and with our customers.
- Ensure the relevant data in purchasing systems (as specified for that area of the business) is updated and maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
As part of a global business, we are passionate about our employees, providing an engaging working culture, support to help you reach your potential, flexible working, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be a successful and enjoyable one.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. This is your chance to join us on our journey. Apply Now.
This position has been levelled at CUK 08
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success.
Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be a successful and enjoyable one. This is your chance to join us on our journey. Apply Now.