Senior Buyer - Technical (Fixed Term Contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer within the Technical department on a fixed term basis for 12 months at Carnival UK’s Head office in Southampton. The overall purpose of the role is to work within the Procurement & Supply Chain Team leading the end to end procurement activity for a defined category. You will lead all elements of the sourcing process on behalf of the business, partnering product and operations managers as well as manage and develop key supplier relationships within the categories under management.
This is a key purchasing role within the Technical department at Carnival UK’s Head office in Southampton. Working within the Procurement & Supply Chain Team, you will support the set up & management of our critical service contracts for our Fleet both in service and during dry dock. Key to the success of this role will be your ability to develop, implement and lead category sourcing strategy, managing the ongoing commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within your category. You will be responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need (requisition / specification) through to confirmation of completion and supplier payment. This is achieved through collaborating closely with the various business partners from product specialists, through supply chain, logistics and the teams on board our ships
Further responsibilities include:
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities to CUK
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, CUK reputation and access to market innovation
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product / operations management
Ideally, you will have a high level of knowledge in best practice procurement within technical categories. Your knowledge of this category will be the key to your success.
Your previous substantial purchasing experience will be that you have great mentoring skills - you'll be someone who is expected to set the gold standard in purchasing. You'll be able to coach and mentor others around you, demonstrating how the greatest value can be gained from our suppliers.
- Be experienced in category management and development of sourcing strategies
- Have excellent negotiating skills drawing up and dealing with contracts of varying values and complexities, and managing supplier Service Level Agreements.
- Be commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies, opportunities to gain added value from suppliers and logistics partners
Naturally, you will be a first class communicator and influencer, with a focus on process, with the ability to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes
This position has been leveled at CUK08
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.