Senior Case Officer
As a Senior Case Officer at HS2 you will be responsible for one or more of the hardship schemes in place for Phase One and Phase Two of HS2. This involves leading on handling compensation applications and contact from the general public and their professional representatives.
About the role:
- Leading the processing of applications to the Scheme and their submission to the Panel for consideration
- Working with and providing advice to internal and independent Panel members and providing a secretariat function to them including the accurate writing up of the Panel’s recommendations for their review
- Leading internal and external meetings, as well as the Panel meetings at which applications are considered
- Acting as the primary contact with DfT who would also be involved in operating the Scheme
- Reporting to senior HS2 Ltd colleagues and DfT members of staff on the Scheme
- Dealing with and escalating complaints
- Liaising with members of the public and their professional representatives by telephone, letter and email
- Evidence of planning, problem solving and organising skills
- Proven track record of written and verbal accurate, confident, clear and professional communication
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously within a small team
- Proven ability to maintain good working relationship with contacts within HS2, DfT and relevant stakeholder bodies
- Proven record of reliability, trustworthiness and responsibility in relation to budgets, stand-alone work streams or important deliverables in your previous role
- Evidence of working knowledge of standard office IT and filing systems
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.