Senior Commercial Acquisition Manager
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as a Senior Commercial Acquisition Manager and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your Role Will Involve:
As a Senior Commercial Acquisition Manager, you will play a key role supporting the timely delivery of a huge, complex yet exciting £1bn land assembly and acquisition programme that’s essential to the successful delivery of an expanded Heathrow airport.
- You will be a senior member of the commercial acquisitions team within the wider multi-disciplined property team and will be responsible for an allocated portfolio of property acquisitions in a defined geographical area.
- Developing and owning the strategy for delivery of the acquisition programme identifying risks, seeking opportunities and ultimately securing the land required for expansion on time and on budget ensuring availability for the construction phase.
- Ensuring that all acquisition agreements and compensation deals are agreed within policy and statutory guidelines as appropriate.
- Managing and leading on complex instructions with the support of our Managing Surveyor partner and delivery network of suppliers. You will ensure that cases are prioritised in accordance with programme requirements and structure and deliver a programme of relocations to mitigate the costs of business extinguishments.
- Proactively building long term sustainable relationships with multiple high-profile stakeholders including local authorities, developers and businesses to enable the negotiation process to be carried out effectively.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Professional qualification in property, development or a related field or equivalent experience. Ideally this will include land acquisition, land assembly and compulsory purchase and associated statutory compensation. It could also include strategic asset management.
- Ability to understand ownership and occupational drivers is key to the role. You may also have strong Landlord and Tenant experience.
- Proven track record of senior strategic supporting property roles and effective supplier management.
- Strong understanding of residential and / or commercial development, with a proven track record of delivering high profile, complex property projects to time, cost and quality.
- An in-depth knowledge of the development process, knowledge of DCO, CPO and current UK planning policies, laws, legislation and regulations is advantageous, but we recognise that there may be complimentary transferable skills that would help you in the role.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION