Senior Energy Trader
Bulb is a technology company, green energy supplier and also the fastest growing business in the UK. We’ve developed a unique operating model to provide renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Bulb’s mission is to help its members reduce their carbon emissions and save money on their bills.
In just 4 years, Bulb has grown to supply more than 1.6 million homes with green energy. Bulb's members now power their homes with over 6 TWh of renewable electricity and nearly 20 TWh of gas every year.
The Bulb team has grown to over 800 people and we expect that to be in the thousands by 2022. In the last year, we’ve also expanded to supply homes in France, Spain and the US.
We are looking for someone to join the Energy team. They will primarily be in charge of UK gas forecasting and hedging, but will also be a senior member of the team that manages global forecasting and purchasing of gas, electricity, renewable energy certificates, carbon offsets and PPAs.
- You have more than 5 years experience in UK Gas market including ownership of risk and P&L
- You must be analytical, numerical and you understand how to build demand forecast models, risk management tools
- Ideally you have a good understanding of other energy markets - including Europe, US and Asia
- You must be comfortable negotiating pricing and credit terms with counterparties
- Passionate about reducing carbon emissions and energy bills
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options, and bonus
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Healthcare and life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme; activities to improve your mental & physical well being, including office yoga and meditation; monthly team socials
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year
- Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Free breakfast on Mondays