Senior Global Brand Development Manager Rexona Deodorants
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Physical inactivity is a global pandemic. As the world is speeding up, we are slowing down. When life gets hectic, movement falls to the bottom of the to do list. Rexona believes in the potential to transform life through movement – if there was a silver bullet for a better life, we believe it would have movement written on the side of it. We exist so that no matter why you move, you won’t ever get let down from your sweat & odour protection.
Today, Rexona is the #1 global brand at tackling sweat and odour, often the reasons people are avoiding moving more. Worth over €1.7bn, BPC’s 2nd largest brand in TO and PBO contribution, and has one of the largest geographical footprints of the Unilever brand portfolio, this is a diverse and agenda-setting brand. The brand has regained momentum and in 2019 is the #2 contributor of iTO for total BPC. Rexona is a spearhead brand for the development of the Deos category, the category with the lowest level of global penetration of all BPC categories, and there is enormous potential for growth.
Take the stairs instead of the lift? Walk instead of an Uber to the next meeting? You don’t have to be the ‘sporty’ one – we don’t believe in labels either – but you have got to believe in the benefits of re-engineering physical activity back into everyday life.
- We have a growth culture fuelled by our inner game
- We are obsessed by understanding the people we serve #datadrivenconsumerlove
- We have a learning culture that is our competitive advantage
- We capitalise on the talent of the community
- We live our purpose #movemorelivemore
This is a high profile role – as it touches all elements of what we call the Core and Advanced/Future Core, which makes up 92% of our existing business globally. You therefore have the opportunity to have a direct and lasting impact on crafting the future of the brand and driving growth. As the leader of the Basic Protection and Zero Marks Growth Spaces you will be working on our upcoming brand re-launch with a ground breaking new formulation, new 2D designs and new communication and looking to the future and also crafting the mix for a Village innovation with the Dove and Axe teams for a Rexona Fabric Protection range. This role will be accountable for defining the growth plans/roadmap to hit our ambition targets in 2020 onwards.
You’ll need to create and land global strategies in markets, create a future vision and plan (including tangible elements e.g. claims roadmap) to build brand consistency from the new work being done this year in future years, creating new memory structures for consumers to bring meaning to the Rexona brand and what we stand for, tailor plans by cluster/market, lead the xfunctional team, lead a team of 2 assistant brand managers, manage stakeholders.
Key Relationships / Team
- Report to the Rexona Strategy & Innovation Director
- 1 Assistant Brand Manager reporting to this role
- Lead the internal cross-functional project team: R&D, Supply Chain, CTI, CMI, Finance
- Lead the workstreams with Communication and Design agencies
- Global Team sitting in London and in Clusters
- Key Markets – especially US and Brazil
- Actively explore new relationships that can help bring the brand to the next level
The role is a great combination of both innovations and comms development. We are therefore specifically looking for:
- Excellent mix ‘crafter’ with relevant experience in the digital space
- Someone with energy and drive to motivate large networks of people, and the ability to engage and influence beyond their own direct team.
- Strong strategic insight
- Highly collaborative individual with strong communication and influencing skills
- Exceptional innovation and project leadership skills (ideally globally)
- Ability to generate new insights from consumer work and turn these into ‘new to the world’ innovations.
- Passionate about growing people and teams
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Juliana Picon on Juliana.Picon@unilever.com