Senior Legal Advisor
Senior Legal Advisor - ITV
London - Currently Remote Working
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
ITV is More Than TV...
Our vision is to be More than TV, building upon ITV’s unique and winning combination of creativity and commercial strength, driven by investment in data and technology. ITV’s newly formed Media and Entertainment Division (M&E) consists of two business units – Broadcast and On-Demand. This new structure means we’re shaped for success, we can drive digital viewing, faster decision making, more innovation as we become a digitally led entertainment and media company.
Why ITV and this role....
This position is to provide first class legal support to the Commercial and Group Marketing business teams within ITV’s Media & Entertainment division around all types of programme related commercial or marketing activity.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:-
- Being the primary legal contact for: ITV Commercial Sales and Trading eams (including attending monthly Airtime update meetings); and Creative Partnerships team in relation to commercial partnership deals
- Negotiating and contracting commercial deals with media buying agencies and advertiser clients as well as contracts with creative and technical service providers and ensuring these are in line with regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring that the business complies with ITV’s policies and regulatory obligations (including the Contracts Rights Renewal Undertakings) as well as ITV’s contractual obligations to other channel 3 licence holders;
- Advising on regulatory issues which affect the Commercial and Group Marketing teams, developing and presenting relevant training sessions and providing regular updates on relevant regulatory developments;
- Providing legal advice on areas such as data protection, intellectuaL property and social media;
- Advising the Group Marketing team on commercial agreements (including agreements relating to engaging creative services suppliers, marketing attribution tech suppliers, and media services suppliers) and intellectual property queries;
- Dealing with client and supplier issues as these arise for the Commercial Group Marketing business teams;
- Working collaboratively across ITV on strategic projects and compliance, including providing support to other Broadcast Legal & Business Affairs teams;
- Ongoing review of standard documentation and processes;
- Managing the internal approvals process for execution of contracts and ensuring timely completion of deals;
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- A qualified lawyer (strong PQE) with extensive legal and business affairs experience
- Experience of negotiating and drafting agreements relating to commercial partnerships, sponsorship and/or purchase of airtime and digital inventory is key
- A commercially minded lawyer with experience of working in a busy, deadline driven environment, managing high volume of deals, within short timelines and a number of competing priorities.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Experience of intellectual property, licensing and creative production and an understanding of the relevant regulation (including Ofcom Broadcasting Code, BCAP and CAP Codes and data protection legislation).
- Experience of advising on intellectual property, marketing and data protection issues.
- Experience of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Subject matter expertise – a deep and broad understanding of the television broadcast industry and media generally.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach.
Closing Date - Monday 10th April
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. So we’re introducing Smart Working.
Smart Working will mean different things for different people and teams. Whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/work/life balance. http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."