Senior Legal Advisor
Senior Legal Advisor - Corporate
Closing date: Tuesday the 18th of May
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
This role entails…
This role sits in Group Legal Affairs to provide legal support in relation to acquisitions, disposals, investments, reorganisations and other corporate transactions entered into by ITV plc and its subsidiaries, working closely with the Head of Legal – Corporate.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Legal and risk management advice in relation to acquisitions, disposals, investments, reorganisations and other corporate transactions.
- Support the Corporate Development teams generally on corporate transactional matters (including (i) drafting and negotiating confidentiality agreements, exclusivity agreements, engagement letters, term sheets and transaction documents, (ii) legal due diligence and (iii) transaction management etc.), liaising with external counsel and internal lawyers as appropriate both in the UK and internationally.
- Support acquisition integration / divestment separation projects.
- Continuously develop best practice and constantly seek ways to improve corporate governance and risk management in M&A activity.
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships across ITV and externally to ensure a collaborative approach to the provision of legal services.
- Work with internal teams (including Investor Relations and Secretariat), ITV’s brokers and external counsel as applicable to ensure compliance with applicable legislation for public limited companies.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Qualified lawyer.
- At least 4 years post qualification experience providing corporate legal advice in private practice at a leading law firm, ideally with relevant in-house experience.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating corporate documents with minimal supervision (including share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and articles of association).
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Experience of working in a deadline driven environment and managing input from multiple stakeholders.
- An experienced and effective negotiator with a track record of brokering key deals in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Sector expertise - a deep and broad understanding of the television broadcast and production industry and media generally.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is email@example.com.Find out more here
Closing Date: Tuesday the 18th of May
Find out more about our benefitshttp://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.