Senior Manager, Controls Testing
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Chief Operating Office Business Risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group IT, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
What will you be doing...
You'll have responsibility for the delivery of all testing activity within their area of responsibility (Policy or Change Key Controls) ensuring testing is completed on time and to the required standard. You'll lead key relationships within selected business areas supported by COO Business Risk, providing insight in relation to our broader control testing activity and will work across COO Business Risk to ensure the provision of excellent risk support to the business.
- You'll be accountable for delivery of agreed testing plans and tracking of resulting agreed actions through to completion
- Working closely with a wide range of colleagues and partners to ensure all service operations activity is completed to agreed standards, acting as a point of contact to help resolve critical issues and drive improvements.
- Lead production of high quality, insightful management information on control effectiveness by overall Group and relevant legal entity
- Ensure ORS is updated with control effectiveness and in so doing ensure ORS quality standards are achieved
- Undertake rigorous Quality Assurance to ensure accuracy of testing outputs together with detailed training for all testers
- Monitor remediation of ineffective controls in conjunction with risk partners
- Effectively handles resources within your team to support the testing plan. Flex resource where needed to achieve testing completion within own team and across Business Controls Testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working abilities as well as the ability to both adapt to change and learn quickly.
- Establish, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships across the business to develop and deliver detailed schedule of testing across GCIO, CSO and GT. Stakeholders include Business Areas Senior Management, Business Risk Partners and will involve interaction at Director Level.
- You'll manage, coach and develop colleagues at Band C to E.
- Develop capability requirements across Business Controls Testing, identifying skill gaps and training needed. Work with other senior colleagues to improve overall capability of the team.
We are looking for someone to join our team who:
- Brings passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- Loves problem solving and challenging the status quo with innovative ideas
- Is a highly motivated self-starter
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Communicates with confidence and influence
- And who is a real team player
So join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisations.
Together we make it possible.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays