Senior Operations Manager
Change your job, change your workplace, change your future...
Ricoh is a market leading technology company specialising in strategic Management Document Solutions, Production Printing, Communication Services, Application Services, Infrastructure Services, Workplace Services, Business Process Outsourcing, Cloud based technology and I.T Managed Services. We also partner with Microsoft! Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions.
This Senior Operations Manager role is based from our UK HQ in Northampton and is to effectively manage and lead the diverse and dynamic UK supply chain operations with team responsibilities of; Transport, Reverse logistics, Query Management, and the ITS SCM operation. You will manage and positively influence the relationship between SCM and our service providers to maximise customer satisfaction and exceed service levels.
What you will be doing
* To own and be responsible for the operational delivery, objectives and performance of transport, Reverse logistics and ITS logistics to ensure achievement of the SCM strategy linking to Company strategy
* Manage the Supply Chain budget lines within role scope to ensure costs are optimized in line with business needs
* Responsible for creating and sustaining an engaged workforce within the Supply Chain Operations teams through coaching and developing the Management team to promote a positive work culture to meet the current and future needs of the business.
* To build strong and influential relationships with service providers to create business partners to ensure the supply chain is continually developed in line with the company mid-term plan.
* To work closely with the Core business & ITS Sales teams to ensure that all associated customer orders are scheduled & delivered accurately and timely.
* Ensure that all departmental communication processes are in operation to enable effective two-way communication between the Company, suppliers and customers (Internal and External)
* To drive and maintain a culture of continuous improvement through innovation and commercial awareness to enhance the customer experience and financial performances.
* Management and optimization of RUK supply chain reverse logistics assets to ensure accuracy of all stock holding locations and minimize any exposure / risk to RUK
* To lead departmental projects to enhance SCM performance
* To be the management link between supply chain strategy and the physical operation
You will ideally have
* Strong knowledge and experience within a European Supply Chain operation
* Good experience of budget management
* The ability to network and negotiate at Senior Management level
* Excellent knowledge of WEEE/ environmental legislation
* Good project management skills
* Ability to adopt and embrace the management of change and culture
* Ability to analyze current operation and future procedural requirements
* Excellent people management skills – ability to lead, inspire, develop, coach, motivate.
* Strong communication and presentation skills for Senior Mgt level and Customer communications
* Sound knowledge and experience of Performance Measurements
* Good knowledge and experience of continuous improvement
* Proven track record on Customer focus and understanding of requirements (both internal and external)
* Strong commercial awareness
* Strong relationship skills with customers and service providers
* Experience of 3rd party logistics management
In return for your commitment, you can expect
Ricoh is a great company to work for - one which encourages and rewards career development. You will be working for a professional, customer-focused organisation with the ability to grow in to new areas of opportunity as they arise in Ricoh UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Ricoh have removed the disclosure of convictions box from their application process (ban the box - http://www.bitc.org.uk/programmes/ban-box) offering equal opportunities to all. For all roles, we will judge each individual on their skills and ability before taking into account their history. However some roles are subject to sensitive and restrictive information and, if successful, you may be required to undertake pre-employment vetting checks which include but are not limited to residency check, credit reference check, financial sanctions` check and a DBS Check.