Senior Performance Manager
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is looking for a leader who is passionate about the Customer fulfilment, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry to join the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) group. As a Sr. Performance Manager, you will be responsible for the overall performance of Amazon Middle Mile transportation network.
You will support and drive the changes required to shape the network, prioritize resources and action plans, and interact with senior level stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a strong advocate for Amazon customer, keep sight of the big picture, think long term, and enjoy work that impacts the direction of the business.
Key responsibilities as a Sr. Performance Manager:
· Analyze and assess the overall performance of the middle mile, including the air network, line-haul and sortation
· Drive network improvements for ATS, assessing the impact on the existing set up and defining the trade-off between customer experience and cost.
· Be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives.
· Together with your team, manage all aspects of the project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation plan.
· Manage key communication to Senior Stakeholders.
· Interact with Amazon’s operation and technical Senior management teams to ensure global alignment.
· Collaborate with the development teams, be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
· Write and review strategic documents that will focus on key product development from design to release.
· Extensive experience managing complex and ambiguous projects requiring strong analytics, fast business judgment and ability to align with stakeholders
· A Bachelor's level degree or equivalent
· Candidates must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
· Strong team work skills, even when few teams are remotely located
· Detail-oriented attitude
· Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and key partners across businesses for the program through strong communication skill
· Experience translating roadmaps and key performance indicators as well as recommendations to senior leaders
· Experience in Transportation, Freight Forwarding and Logistics – a strong plus
· Advanced proficiency in Excel, SQL, Python
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques
· Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
· Strong sense of ownership and customer obsession
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problem
· Ability to closely work with operation, finance and planning leaders to manage lead-time, capacity, and optimize the impact of labor on supply position throughout the entire supply chain