Senior Portfolio Engineer Electrical Power Supply and Distribution
Senior Portfolio Engineer – Electrical Power Supply and Distribution
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.Join us as a Senior Portfolio Engineer – Electrical Power Supply and Distribution, and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential. Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.The overall focus of this role is to drive continuous improvement from our assets over their whole life by implementing and assuring asset system strategies, standards and plans. This will be achieved by optimising cost, risk and performance over the whole life of our asset. Responsible for a number of engineering systems across the airport and for developing a working relationship with operational, maintenance, development, supply chain, finance and safety teams.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Providing expert engineering support to the Development and Maintenance teams to ensure the assets, as designed and operated, are fit for purpose. Support the Development Team with development and execution of their Quality Plans.
- Ensuring the technical requirements for new equipment and systems are correctly specified and are reflected in the supply chain category strategies and are supported by life cycle analysis.
- Ensuring the business is aware of the likelihood and size of risks posed to the business by each asset system working with operational teams to ensure that they have appropriate plans in place to manage those risks.
- Ensuring the asset system strategies, plans and standards are understood and applied effectively within the business, reviewing requests to deviate. Carry out assurance activities on delivery teams within maintenance and development to ensure asset plans are being robustly applied.
- Creating and delivering continuous improvement plans for the assets under consideration that are aimed at improving short, medium and long-term performance and shareholder value. These plans must be realistic and be supported by operational teams.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience and expertise.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use data and judgement effectively to drive continuous improvement and develop robust solutions to business problems.
- A good knowledge and strong experience of maintenance practices, methodologies and strategies. Good knowledge of whole life cost principles and experience of their application. Good understanding of assets within specialist area.
- Experience of developing business cases, ability to translate data and technical knowledge in a meaningful way to demonstrate strong business benefits.
- Proven experience developing contingency plans and resilience analysis within large operational and infrastructure organisations.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION
e: email@example.com: http://www.heathrow.com/company/heathrow-jobs