Senior Procurement Manager
Do you enjoy advising colleagues on how to achieve value for money and ensure you get great commercial outcomes time after time? Have you got experience of procuring goods and/or services and contract management? If so, then we want you to send us your CV today as we are recruiting to roles within the Commercial Group. We would welcome applications from candidates with experience and expertise in any of the following areas:
- Corporate Business Services category, where you will lead on major procurements within the facilities, professional services and corporate services areas and provide contract management support for critical services.
- Digital, Data and Technology category where you will support both contract renewals and new contracts, covering a range of infrastructure, agile, and digital services, in a fast paced, high spend, technical environment.
HM Land Registry plays a vitally important role in the property market, underpinning property ownership worth over £4 trillion across England and Wales including over £1 trillion of mortgages. They’ve been safeguarding our land and homes for the last 150 years and they play a critical role in supporting the government’s housing and infrastructure objectives. This uniqueness is part of what makes them so special. The other part is their people.
This position is a minimum of 4 days per week, Monday to Friday.
We will give you exposure to an organisation that is currently driving transformation and you can personally help shape and develop its commercial capability going forward. You will have an opportunity to network and collaborate with other government commercial teams and be part of an organisation that values professional training & on-going investment in learning & development and career paths.
You may already hold MCIPS or an equivalent qualification, or you may be studying or willing to do so; either way, you will have demonstrable relevant experience in procurement or commercial roles.
• Experience of procuring goods and/or services and contract management in a similar environment
• Experience of supplier / contract management; negotiation and service escalation / resolution
• Experience of delivering high quality and, practical procurement related advice, guidance (policies, procedures & templates) and management
• Knowledge and understanding of service
management and use of KPIs and Management Information to support service delivery
• Strong customer focus with the ability to make
robust decisions as and when required
• Strong communicator with effective presentation and written communication skills
• Must be able to introduce or adapt to change in line with emerging business drivers
• Excellent planning and organising skills including ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to lead a Team to drive performance and engagement
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Hold or be working towards (if not already held) a full professional qualification in procurement & supply at MCIPS (Professional Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) or equivalent.
We offer very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements and generous leave allowances, as well as flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
Working for Land Registry
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Strengths, Experience and Technical skills.
If you meet the shortlisting criteria then we will invite you for an interview where we can tell you more about the role. If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role before applying then please email James.Sutton@landregistry.gov.uk who would be happy to tell you more about the opportunity.
Please complete your application, by copying and pasting your CV into the online form, where you will need to demonstrate the essential 'experience' criteria on the attached job description
If successful at sift, you will be offered to attend a blended interview and prepare in advance presentation. Interview date and location to be confirmed.
If you would like further information about the use of your personal data, please click on the link below:
Job Applicant Personal Information
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.