Senior Product Designer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Want to design products that actually matter?
Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design?
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in moments that matter. We help firefighters see into burning buildings and police officers see around street corners. We are making public safety smarter by envisioning new technology for the future.
The UX team at Motorola Solutions is tasked with envisioning the future of technology while bringing to market real-world solutions today. Our portfolio contains an ecosystem of applications designed to bring mission-critical intelligence from the command centre to in-field operations. This includes a suite of communication, collaboration, and workflow apps. We are building some of the most meaningful software today. Real, professional, tools.
The UX team includes Interaction Designers, Visual Designers and User Experience & Human Factors Researchers. We work closely with our development partners to ensure the best end-to-end solutions.
As a Senior Product Designer on the UX Design team, you will work in a small team envisioning the future of public safety and designing solutions for in-field users. You will collaborate with UX researchers to capture and synthesize insights from the field and UX designers to ideate, prototype and deliver designs to development teams to make them a reality. In addition, you will also contribute to future envisioning efforts in the form of design exercises, brainstorming sessions/workshops as needed within the team.
- A professional with a proven track record of practical work experience as an interaction, product, or user experience designer and having consecutively delivered comprehensive and intuitive end-to-end solutions.
- Experienced with shaping, leading and managing projects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate reasons behind decisions related to designs and solutions to stakeholders, customers, and the engineering team.
- Passion for research-fuelled rapid idealisation.
- Self-starter and a strong desire for team collaboration.
- Provides mentorship to UX Designers.
- Knowledge and experience in Mobile UI/UX design.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, Sketch and other industry-standard wireframing tools.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design-related field (Interaction design, Industrial design, design communication).