Senior Project Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Senior Project Team operate and manage in high profile environments across the business, often in extremely demanding and pressurised circumstances that are results driven and focused.
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 18 Months (Employed).
Flexible with work location: Home or any of our UK Offices.
The Senior Project Manager will be required to identify inter-dependencies and conflicts with other high priority projects and will ensure any conflicts are resolved at an appropriate level (up to EXCOM) within the company. They will also be responsible for the project management of all activities to achieve the delivery of large scale and complex projects.
The Senior Project Manager will perform matrix management of people across multi-disciplined functional teams within Airwave, supplier and customer organisations.
The post holder will also have full financial responsibility for the projects within their control and will ensure robust CAPEX and/or OPEX planning and resource plans are in place and under constant review to maintain delivery to time, cost and quality.
Where the project budget is held elsewhere (e.g. by the Project Sponsor), the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for robust reporting of spend against that budget to the holder and for highlighting and agreeing any anticipated variations to agreed tolerances as soon as they are foreseen.
● Delivery of large scale and complex projects (typically visible at Excom level) in multi-project environments to time, cost and quality.
● Management of risks and issues associated with project and programme delivery, in accordance with Airwave Risk Management policy and procedures. ● Management of internal and external stakeholders (proactive and reactive) to positively affect project delivery.
● Provision of accurate and timely management information in accordance with stakeholder agreements.
● Line management (if required) in addition to matrix management of people.
Key tasks that should be undertaken within this role:
● Produce baseline documents and complete associated stakeholder approvals required to start and initiate projects.
● Identify, document and mitigate risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
● Establish/enhance external supplier relationships and ensure operational management of the same in relation to project delivery.
● Lead and motivate the project management team throughout the project lifecycle, using a variety of mechanisms.
● Support the build and management of customer relationships by direct customer contact or via customer relationship management personnel.
● Manage delivery of project outputs (products), ensuring progress in accordance with agreed plans and taking corrective actions where necessary.
● Establish and manage the project controls; monitoring and reporting in accordance with stakeholder agreements.
● Manage all project documents in accordance with Airwave policy and procedures.
● Ensure that lessons learned and any associated actions for improvement are identified, reviewed and documented at appropriate points in the project lifecycle, in accordance with Airwave policy and procedures.
● Educated to degree level in a technical and/or business discipline (desirable).
● Project Management Qualification (PRINCE 2/APM).
Other desirable technical expertise, experience and knowledge:
● Thorough knowledge of all elements in the end to end project lifecycle from inception through to closure.
● Thorough knowledge of the end to end service lifecycle.
● Established manager, capable of implementing change.
● Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
● Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
● Experience of project delivery requirements including integration and prioritisation, negotiation with stakeholders and resource owners.
● Competency with Microsoft packages; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
● People management experience (matrix management and line management).
● Good understanding of technology within mobile network environment that enables assumptions and decisions to be challenged and optimal planning to be achieved.
● Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skill set.
● Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the often disparate members of the project teams.
● The ability to see the bigger picture; accounting for the business top-level priorities, finding ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
● Stakeholder management (internally and externally) with the ability to engage effectively with people from any directorate/organisation up to, and including a level comparable to an EXCOM DR.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the required UK Security Clearance.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.