Senior Project Manager
Senior Technology Project Manager – ITV On Demand
Grays Inn Road & Home
Why you should join us...
At ITV, we love creating some of the nation's best-loved and most-watched content. We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally-led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
It takes a collaboration of creative, commercial, and global thinkers to make things happen. Everyone plays their part. If you're curious, collaborative, open-minded and always look to do things better - you'll love building your career here.
Role & Department
ITV On Demand is the home of the platform that powers the ITV Hub and Britbox UK. Last year the Hub served over 1.8 billion videos to 28 million users across 29 platforms including Amazon Fire, Xbox, Android and iOS devices to name but a few. We’re constantly expanding with year-on-year video delivery increasing by 23%.
Britbox was launched in December 2019 and is ITV’s joint venture with the BBC and other content partners, that aims to deliver a best-in-class subscription video service for great British content - all powered by technology battle-tested on the Hub.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join the On-Demand Technology Team responsible for managing the project delivery team and overall delivery of strategic projects across the On-Demand business in line with the division’s objectives. Strategic projects range from new SVOD services and data warehouses through to new online live event services and new ways of surfacing different types of content. Bringing everything together into a single view, to support joined up prioritisation, planning and visualisation.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop an understanding of ITV’s strategy, objectives, it’s operating businesses and ways of working
- Manage, plan, monitor and report on the DTC project portfolio, including;
- Planning, monitoring and reporting on the project portfolio,
- resource allocation,
- forecasting & budgeting,
- input into business cases.
- strategy & planning; and
- ensuring continued overall delivery progress.
- Manage, coach, support and develop the project delivery team
- Forecast & manage the DTC development budget and allocate spend according to business objectives and outcomes / values.
- Deliver key DTC initiatives & programmes of work
- Has a good technical knowledge of:
- VOD, SVOD, Websites, Apps, Data & Simulcast
- Smart TVs, Mobile & PC
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Visualise and report on all the project delivery work across DTC to differing audiences including senior management across ITV
- Identify, assess and monitor dependencies and risks within DTC and across ITV
- Support activities to organise and run DTC wide progress update sessions on key initiatives with senior management
- Bring a continuous improvement mindset to the way we manage our project portfolio and our ways of working
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Previous project management experience
- Experience of Agile and Prince2 / APMP methodologies and frameworks
- Stakeholder management skills
- Managing risks and dependencies
- Experience in the online, media, broadcast industry is an advantage
- Experience working with third parties (external suppliers)
- Experience in managing budgets & forecasting/actuals
- Knowledge of technology platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in managing programme budgets c1m to 4m+
Closing Date: Monday 1st March 2021
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working - whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/ work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues.
We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support... our email is email@example.com