Senior Risk Analyst
As a Senior Risk Analyst at HS2 you will be responsible for the Identification, management and control of risk and opportunity identification and assessment, within the relevant area to actively reduce threats / exploit opportunities, to ensure the successful delivery of the HS2 Programme. The role will generally align to a significant contract area.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
About the role:
Develop and execute cost and time models in a project context
explain the workings of all models so that they can be understood by all stakeholders
provide analysis, insights and recommendations based upon the results of models
generate reports as required on schedules, progress and undertake variance analysis on performance against the plan as required
undertake Level of Defence 1 (LoD 1) and LoD 2 assurance on cost and time models
ensure all risk management activities are undertaking in accordance with HS2’s plans and procedures
support non-risk colleagues and stakeholders by providing guidance and advice on risk management
lead, mentor, guide, advise and support direct reports to ensure business objectives are achieved
actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work; and support and comply with all EDI organisational initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Experience of project risk management role in infrastructure projects, with a sound commercial understanding of large scale construction projects
- Experience of working within or with a Programme Management Office (PMO) and the inter-relationships between risk management, cost, time, change etc.
- Experience in undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk analyses in support of business decision making using the risk tools HS2 employ i.e. Xactium, @Risk and Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Recognised Risk Management qualification from a reputable body such as the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) or the Association of Project Management (APM)
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.