Senior Risk Manager
About the role:
- Lead risk, (threats and opportunity) and value management activities to actively manage risk and seek efficiencies across the area of the programme particularly cost and schedule
- Lead on risk, cost and schedule assessment on all changes, whilst working in correlation with cost, change and planning managers for the area
- Manage, maintain and take ownership of area risk registers and the forward programme of risk management, ensuring input from relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and take ownership of all relevant risk management data at area level
- Lead the formulation, agree and communicate risk and compliance standards and strategies, and monitor and oversee their implementation throughout the project life cycle
- Promote the joint evaluation of risks with delivery teams, contractors and suppliers to establish a basis for risk sharing and identification
- Provide specialist expertise and consultancy and support in risk management across the organisation as required
- Lead, guide, support and mentor other risk specialists to influence a large number of stakeholders throughout the organisation
- Ability to apply risk management concepts and procedures to large scale projects
- A relevant Risk Management qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to provide specialist impartial advice to internal stakeholders
- Ability to build and manage working relationships both internally in HS2 Ltd and externally with all stakeholders
- Ability to challenge existing procedures to support best practice risk management
- Problem solving with ability to use quantitative research and analytical thinking
- Experience in a project risk management role within infrastructure projects/commercial construction projects
- Technical knowledge of risk management and risk management approaches, techniques and modelling capability
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.