Senior Sales Executive
This job sits within Met Office Business Group. This post will form part of the Central Sales Team working across a number of markets within Business Group. Job requirements will include managing sales leads and opportunities across a number of markets within Business Group whilst also managing a number of ongoing contracts and renewals.
To maximise profitable sales revenue through managing and delivering both existing and new solutions to meet customer needs. Provide services and solutions that provide benefit to customers whilst also utilising information gained from customers to help our internal knowledge of business sectors to refine our product offerings.
To maintain a good level of customer service and efficient turnaround of leads and contract renewals.
• Deliver a targeted amount of profitable revenue from selling Met Office products and services
• To develop and maintain long term relationships for existing and new customers to achieve revenue and profit targets as agreed with the business programme
• Take on responsibility for additional activities beyond sales to support the wider needs of the programme
• Conform with appropriate policy and process to ensure consistent delivery to the customer and maintenance of business management information.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Describe the key features and benefits of products to customers consistently over time
2. Demonstrate ability to develop revenue through understanding customer needs, and applying relevant business offerings
3. Proven ability to meet and exceed challenging targets
4. Strong organisational ability and evidence of managing multiple tasks at once with the ability to prioritise tasks at your own accord
5. Strong communication skills including ability to gain credibility with customers at all levels
6. A team player with a proven track record in delivering to tight deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience in using CRM tools
2. An interest in Weather and Climate
3. Previous experience of working within a sales role
Additional Supplementary Information
To apply, please click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Closing date 27/05/2019 with interviews planned for 13/06/2019. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
For operational reasons this post will be based in Exeter HQ.
We are open with different working patterns (e.g. part-time, job share) and are willing to explore with any potential candidates whether we can meet the business needs for the role based on their preference for location and/or working pattern.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Due to the nature of the role, this post requires you to gain full security clearance Therefore, in order obtain full clearance you will need to have lived in the UK for 3 years out of the last 5 years.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.