Senior Services Manager (Extra Care CQC)
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
Are you ready to bring your experience of leading care services to an organisation that values its employees and has a real desire to improve lives?
If you can demonstrate a career in care from direct experience of providing front line support to vulnerable people into a leadership role that allows you to influence and develop services and can evidence that this has been within a Domiciliary Registered environment, community based or extra care setting and have extensive knowledge and understanding of older people, this could be the job for you.
Becoming our Senior Service Manager.
When you join us you will;
- Contribute to the overall operation of the Group. Help to deliver the corporate vision, values and key messages and promote the effective corporate working of the organisation.
- Contribute to the operational plans for the Partnerships, Care and Support service ensuring that key objectives are met. Aid continuous improvement and service success.
- Be responsible for the Group’s compliance with all necessary legal requirements commensurate with this role to minimise or alleviate risk.
- Represent the Group with internal and external stakeholders, attending meetings, training and conferences as necessary.
- Champion the Care and Support department through continually improving processes and outcomes for staff and customers.
- Identify opportunities to grow and develop services, considering Value for Money in all actions.
You will ideally have;
- Successfully completed NVQ level 4/5 Registered Care status (CQC) or relevant qualification to enable you to be part of the registration process for services.
- Knowledge of the issues and pressures involved in the delivery of domiciliary care and support services within extra care settings (or community-based services).
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and managing risk
- Experience of managing care and/or support service teams and meeting contractual requirements.
- Ability to build and sustain positive working relationships with contracting partners / commissioners, ensuring strong reputation.
- Ability to work as part of a team with front facing service managers and staff, encouraging and developing growth and development of people and services.
- Extensive Experience/ Knowledge of Domiciliary services and the vulnerable people that access services, older people, people who have experienced mental health, people living with learning disabilities.
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please use the two supporting statements (4000 characters!) to really show us your talents. To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
(The important things – Naturally we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 21st October.
Interview date - TBC.