Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a distributed role so applicants can be based anywhere in the UK. Please note that you may, on occasion, be required to visit the London office so we can only accept applications from residents based in the UK.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us work across a number of different projects within our platform team. Our core application is built on top of the Django web framework and hosted on AWS. We typically use Python 3, Postgres, Celery, and whatever else we need to get the job done.
It is an exciting time to join, you will partner with experienced engineers, designers and product managers to help make Zego the best loved insurance startup in the world. You can read in this blog post what a day in the life of an engineer here at Zego can look like.
What you'll be working on:
- You will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing new core insurance products as a Senior Software Engineer.
- You will iterate on existing products to ensure we're providing the best insurance in the market.
- You will contribute to code reviews and mentoring of other engineers.
- As part of our codebase custodians team you will lead by example in championing code styles and standards.
- You will partner with product managers and across teams to bring new products and features to the market.
- As a Senior Software EngineerYou will contribute to the delivery of highly reliable, secure and scalable event-driven service based applications.
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
We are looking for somebody with a a passion for software development.
- You will have knowledge of developing backend applications in any programming language (C++, Java, .NET or PHP) but have an interest in learning Python.
- You will have experience of System Design, with knowledge of Relational Databases.
- You will have experience of Finance, whether working in Finance Systems or the FinTech / Financial Services industry.
- You will have acted as a Senior Software Engineer previously, making code accessible to Juniors and acting as a mentor to nurture others careers.
What's it like to work at Zego?
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.